Danny's 28th birthday: whatta bash! Well, three cheers to the girls, Luchi and Clara--they totally outdid themselves in the kitchen. GBY, I don't know what I'd've done without you!!! Here is a short sampling of pix of our little family over the dinner party and cake:




None of the others were anxious to have their picture taken, alas. Oh, well.

Some of the gifts included:
A "Yo banco a Maradona" shirt from Clara and J.M. (rough trans.: I put up with Maradona)

A whisky hip flask and a bottle of Vat 69 for refills--a nice gentle flavor (from the doting, indulgent wife--no seriously, I've been wanting to get him a hip flask for years now)

Another one from J.M. and Clara: A two-star Argentina shirt with Danny's old gaming nickname "Germ"--that was the name I knew him by when we were corresponding years ago.

A beautiful wooden mat'e set from Luchi and Arcos--the mat'e, sugar container, and yerba container, all neatly fitting together in a charming compact stack--ideal for taking with us to the beach. And a complimentary couple of cigars ... (?)

Our little family--baby was in her stroller--over Clara's masterpiece cake with 28 chocolate stars. I've told her already that she ought to open a patisserie; the woman's a talented artist in the kitchen.

Well, happy birthday dearest Danny! I can honestly say I'm the luckiest lady alive. I love you!
PS: Happy birthday Melody, too! Thanks for being my big sister; I was so glad I got to talk with you for a short while today. And in the words of that little line Laura sent me once:
A very happy birthday
And wonderful new year
With a pocket full of money
And a cellar full of beer.
(Or a heart full of cheer, if you're the teetotaling sort)
I love photo number 4, you guys make a handsome couple, and beautiful family !
ReplyDeleteLove big sis...