This post is several days late. Last weekend we had relatives over--Danny's brother and his little family--to help us celebrate a mutual friend's birthday. Boy was it fun! It's the first time Floppy's seen her four cousins since January when we moved here--I had forgotten how HUGE they are. Abel at age 8 looks about 9 or 10... and the littlest one, Inaki, is almost as big as Floppy!!! (That's actually an interesting fact, because he is, after all, one-and-a-half years younger than her 3 years...) It was jolly fun to see them again. They hadn't yet met the baby, and could hardly put her down the whole time--she's getting a bit spoiled, I think, from all the attention.
Alas, poor little Floppy, they left and took her daddy with them (actually he hitched a ride with them to Buenos Aires to attend to some business and is coming home today)... Good thing I had an old Shirley Temple movie I hadn't shown her yet to cheer her up a bit.
So here's to the cousins! It's sad to see people go, or to have to leave them, but if life is to be experienced in all its fullness, a bit of sorrow must accompany the sweet times. It makes for a richer memory; and then of course, there's always Heaven to look forward to! See y'all there!
Thursday, August 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
thankes for saying I´m huge
ReplyDeleteheh