Thursday, July 22, 2010

New Look

Well well well, we must all grow old and die eventually, so what's the point of always trying to look the same? Yesterday the baby and I and a good friend visited a hairdresser. I wasn't sure what to do with my post-pregnancy, rather limp longish hair, so after consulting some horrifying magazines, I finally settled on a cut that I was afraid would make me look a little ghoulish... the hairdresser, my good friend Hortensia (who thoughtfully supplied me with the baby's crib a few months ago, GBH!!!), added her charming touch based on many years of experience, and voila--the final product:

No, wait, that's Raff wearing his favorite mask and an old pair of Rayban's. Here's me:

As you can see, my baby is just enthralled with mum's new look. She was even more enthralled with the blissful walk downtown in the biting chilly wintery and windy weather of Mar del Plata in the late July afternoon. But it was worth every moment. I don't get much opportunity to get out of the house.



Y'all just wait a few days until I can get some henna to shade my locks with. I found a splendid Pakistani importer with all sorts of goodies from India and Pakistan within my price range, and they have (yippee!) henna and indigo, so I'm going to finish my look 'a la natural.' I hope my kids recognize me!
Does anyone notice a resemblance between me and my mother...?

No comments:

Post a Comment