Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Devotional Tidbit


I was enjoying some [semi]quiet time today, with the baby bouncing on my lap, reading some devotional pieces. I came across this one which I felt was beautiful enough to share with you; it reflected my heart.

"Once upon a time, I was young and carefree; not much could get me down, and my whole life was in front of me. I did not think I needed Your love. But then as I made mistakes, as I failed in my own eyes and in the eyes of others, when my great ambitions, works, and achievements came to nothing, when I experienced heartaches and lost those who I love, and I was left quite alone and destitute, You came to me. At first I could not understand how You could love me, when I had ignored You and did not appreciate the love You'd had for me. But then I realized there was nothing that stood between us.

"All those things that I thought so highly of had fallen away and I had nothing left to hold up between us. I then came to know Your love and forgiveness for me. Now nothing stands between us, and You have taken me and made me Yours. I'm happy that I lost everything else in order to gain this love. I cling to You and beg You to keep me close, to love me, to speak Your words to me and to satisfy my every longing and desire. Before, I thought I had it made. I now realize I had nothing. But now that I have lost everything I thought was important, I have gained the greatest treasure in the world: Your love for me!"--Anonymous

1 comment: