Here's the second book in the series by renowned vet James Herriot, this one titled 'All Things Bright and Beautiful.' I've been listening to a few chapters of the series per day, usually in place of the customary drama tape while Floppy goes to bed and I nurse the woosel to sleep--well written, and properly read, too. I'm halfway through the third book now, so it won't be long before I post that one up too.
Oh by the way, for some strange reason the ebooks and the audiobooks are misaligned--that is, the chapters do not correspond correctly. I think it's because some editions divide James Herriot's series into four books, each titled after a stanza of Cecil Alexander's famous poem; other editions divide the books into 8 or 9 volumes, with different titles. The content is all there, of course, just not in the same order.
So, and this is my firm suggestion, SCREW THE EBOOKS, as they are badly transcribed anyway, and stick with the audiobooks, which are cleverly and wonderfully read by Christopher Timothy, a grand master of his art.
Makes me feel like downing a pint of bitter myself. Anyway, cheerio!
No comments:
Post a Comment