Friday, January 28, 2011

Fevers N' Baby...

Alas, my little baby woosel has a fever. I didn't take it too seriously yesterday; but when the fever did not break all night, and fluctuated in regular fever-fashion between 38.5 and 39.5 all day today, with no other apparent physical symptoms, I am inclined to consider taking her to the local clinic tomorrow (horrors, shivers-down-my-spine). I am a firm believer in allowing the body to heal itself according to God's well-planned design, and follow its natural cycles and courses as much as possible, without jumping into the medicine cabinet or running to the medicine man every time someone says 'ouch'... but there are times when consulting a doctor is the wisest course of action, particularly when the symptoms are strange or variable. Whether or not to submit to chemical treatment is, in my firm opinion, a strictly personal choice, especially in little matters like common colds, fevers, and ordinary ailments--which tend to follow a natural course on their own, with or without chemical remedies. But I have also learned to be thankful for doctors and medication, in those rare occasions when something turns out to be serious enough to require a professional's advice, assistance and care. My family and friends know that I am a bit on the leery side of the medical profession and pharmaceutical companies in general, nevertheless I hope I have acquired sufficient humility to admit that I do not know very much, and so am grateful for the wise counsels of competent doctors.
Please keep Chantal in your prayers; as fevers are difficult for any child, and whether it just blows over and goes away naturally, or is a precursor to some childhood disease, or whatever other reason, I'm praying that she stays safe and healthy, and that this fever does not spread among the other children in our home. Thank you! I'll post updates as things progress. We love you, and thank you for your prayers!

And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
James 5:15-16

No comments:

Post a Comment