Saturday, October 16, 2010

My Birthday...

...was a few days ago. But that doesn't matter. Today will do to talk about it. Actually, I've been really spoiled this year. Breakfast with Danny on Thursday--that was such a treat. Then on Friday (that is, my birthday) he brought me breakfast in bed--a confection of treats and little chocolate puffs. Clara and Luchi told me 'never mind lunch today, we'll take care of it' (hallelujah!!!) and then they went and conjured up some pizza--so thoughtful. After a romping afternoon with the kids, we were told to dress up elegantly for dinner... I had a lovely black evening gown laid away, which I'd been saving from before my pregnancy, and hadn't had the occasion to wear it yet. So I jumped into it and a jacket (it was a little chilly) and clomped downstairs for a delicious dinner.

Then the cakes were served. Because you see, I had told Clara of my 'tradition' of making a marble cake for my birthday each year--it being my very favorite sort of cake--and so instead of making a great big one, as is the usual, she made several dozen big cupcakes, and then laid out different colored whipped cream in little pots, garnishes, nuts, raisins, MnMs, sparkly stuff--all kinds of things. And then we all sat around and decorated our own little cakes. The pix speak for themselves.




The above is, of course, the cake I decorated for myself.
Then came the gifts. Such thoughtful people we live with here.... Luchi and Arcos got me a great big bottle of tequila with some complimentary shot glasses, knowing of my penchant for tequila-based beverages. Actually, it's been on my wishlist for like 5 years now, so I was really surprised and happy. John Michael and Clara got me a sweet lil vest (mind-readers they must be--I hadn't told them about my ruminations a few days earlier, that a vest would look so lovely over my favorite sweater), and another present which is strictly for ladies--I'll say no more! (Giggle)



Well, to cut a long story short, Happy Birthday to Me!!!
Thanks to all who sent me sweet letters and gifts--I got your letter today, Gini, and I was soo happy to receive it!--and thanks for making my birthday so very special! As you'll no doubt notice, I did not list Danny's gifts to me, and that's because we hadn't quite finished our celebration. More news later.

No comments:

Post a Comment