Today, in honor of Father's Day, we went to the theater to see Toy Story 3. Well, we wanted to, but the tickets were sold out until Thursday ... (Moral: call before dragging your kids out in the freezing cold...) Never mind, we decided to make an afternoon of it anyway. We needed to get some winter socks and jeans for our little beanstalk Floppy. So with baby in a snowsuit, harnessed to mommy's back, we braved downtown. Not much to see; everything closes from midday til about 4 or 5 p.m. In Mexico I think they call it siesta... (4 whole hours???)
Mar del Plata is a cute lil' city, no skyscrapers, and a perpetual chilly Atlantic wind blows. We were fortunate enough to overtake a military brass band parading down the street. Later, we caught the same band in the cathedral plaza, where an earnest young cadet gave a basso-profundo rendition of Sinatra's "I Did It My Way", in Spanish. Very beautifully executed, we thought. Danny and I were charmed, and after we left the crowd, we undertook to sing a harmonized duet of the same song (at top volume, heh), much to the puzzled delight of the pedestrian passers-by as we strolled down the near-deserted street. Danny and I plan to record an album together, one day.
The afternoon highlight was a joyous ride on a carousel.
No comments:
Post a Comment