Kids are awesome. I mean, God bless those who spend their lives devising new and expensive toys and gadgets, but while those are lovely to have, life is entirely possible without them. And inventing toys and games certainly contributes to creativity in the children, and compels me to use my brain occasionally.
Here's our latest fit of foolishness. Floppy was rather grumpy last night, and so to cheer her up as she went to sleep I put on a new pair of "earrings" I found leftover in my clean-laundry basket and did a mime. She fell asleep in a fit of giggles.
Today we were all four (the baby, Floppy, Raff and I) feeling a bit under the gloomy weather, so I put the earrings back on and the merriment resumed.
I also found Danny's big pink monkey puppet, put a hat on the creature and chased the kids around with it.
A word about the monkey: Danny originally made him to be the villain in our puppet shows for children's schools; anyway, we left him behind with the rest of the puppets when we moved here. Danny sent for it when he realized he would need a 'partner' in his up-coming video spots for the Art Contest.
At present the monkey usually sits in a big paper bag in the garage. Occasionally I pull him out to liven up a dreary afternoon with the kids; due to his rather wicked countenance he is naturally the "good example of what not to do", and the kids have great fun correcting him for his bad manners. It's so cute to hear them instruct the monkey in all the fine points of good manners, heh.
No comments:
Post a Comment