Wednesday, November 23, 2011

New Present from (Mom and Dad) I MEAN Santa

Danny and I conspired to purchase a woolly lil pup for Floppy's Christmas present. Ever watch Disney's 'Lady and the Tramp'? Cast your mind back thither, and see if you can't recollect an adorable image of a puppy scampering out of a beribboned Christmas giftbox. Didn't you always wish someone would think of doing that for you?

Well, if all goes as it should, (and why shouldn't it, after all?) Floppy will have that exact memory. Only it'll be a woolly white pup instead of a cute silky cocker spaniel.

I shopped around a bit, and finally ended up putting my down payment on a beautiful poodle-bichon frise mestizo pup, one of a litter of two pups. This transaction was done online, and so before committing myself completely, I arranged to meet the lady and her pups at her house.
So yesterday I toddled over with Luchi (an hour-long taxi-ride!!!) to meet and select a pup, and took my baby monkey with me, since, of course, she doesn't have enough vocabulary yet to spoil the surprise for Floppy. I loved the straight-haired pup, but it's enormous, and as Danny wanted a small dog, we opted for the curly-haired chap, who's the smaller of the two.
His name, I informed the lady, will be Captain Boris. (...)
The lady will hang on to the pup until Christmas week, at which time she'll deliver the pup to my door, and I will dress it in a little sailor's suit, bung it into a box, and stick it under the tree. About five minutes later, if the plan follows its proper course, Floppy and kids will sit under the tree, open up the beautiful bouncing giftbox, and instantly be smothered with exuberant kisses from the latest addition to our family, hearts and tribe.

1 comment: