On a much more diverting scale, my darling husband Danny recommended me for the post of rewriting a short story (a Steampunk Sherlock Holmes semi-animated affair destined for iPads), and the project manager is bordering on enthusiastic. He's given me a test, though; I have to rewrite the most particularly interesting part of the story, a battle between steampunk Rajput warriors and Sherlock's little party. (Shivers) I've never written this genre before now, but as I told my new prospective employer, one can only do one's best. And in the approximate words of some famous person or other, "When asked whether you can accomplish a task, immediately reply, 'Yes, I can!' and then go quickly and find out how to do it."
As Danny is the principle illustrator for this book, it will be the first time we work on the same project, each as professionals in our own capacity. Nevertheless, we're both excited about the prospect, and I'm as anxious to pick his brain for ideas for an adventurous storyline, as he is to extend his vivid and creative imagination to the text.
As a foretaste to all you Sherlock/Watson fans, Watson is a former commando soldier with a mechanical arm, which has some sort of a cannon. I'm not spilling any more beans; ta-ta!
So cool cant wait to see the book, looks great!
ReplyDelete