Sunday, September 23, 2012

Four Month Hiatus

Such a long time ... Laura has come and gone, Daniel has turned 30 -- and our beloved Boris ran away, after being run over by a car. I have been actively searching for him since August 25, and hope of finding him grows slimmer every day. Are you in Heaven, poor lost wounded pup? If so, I'm glad. I like to think of you in Heaven. Somehow it helps relieve the empty feeling of loss -- I would rather think of you there, than think of you fending for yourself, lost in a cold, cruel slum street, far away from your family who loves you. I can only say, thank God it wasn't one of the children. Even so, the pain of losing a pet in so tragic and dramatic a manner is not an easy thing to get over. Somehow, it took losing Boris completely to make us all realize how very much we loved him. Love you, Boris!

I walked a mile with Pleasure
She chatted all the way
And left me none the wiser
For all she had to say

I walked a mile with Sorrow
And ne'er a word said she
But oh! the things I learned that day,
When sorrow walked with me.
                                   --R. B. Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment