Sunday, June 12, 2011

Le Chanson de Roland

And here it goes:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR ROLAND
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOO YOOUOUOUUUU!!!

My dear nephew Roland turned a whopping NINE yesterday; the last time I saw him he was a toddling mass of two-year-old naughtiness, always running down the road heading straight for the train line. Since then, apparently, he's gotten a lot bigger.
Eldest son of my dear sister Gini, he's the first of 4 siblings in Gini and Eman's tribe. In fact, with Gini's permission, I would like to hereby post a pic of the boy in question; mainly for identification and proud-auntie-showing-off purposes. May I, please???
Even though I haven't seen Roland in years and years, I've kept tabs on him and his siblings, and on this occasion, I wish I could fly to Norway and help him celebrate, sniff. Since that alas isn't possible this time, I'm sending a heapload of love and imaginary birthday presents, good wishes, and prayers your way, dear Roland.
To my readers: please keep this lad and his family in your prayers; they will be moving to a new house this coming week, and I've no doubt they can use all the support in prayer they can get; relocating a whole family to a new house and new schools can be a trying ordeal, even if it is a major answer to prayer. Well Roland, merriest wishes for health, happiness, and bigness, and may you have a wonderful, marvellous new year, full of nine-year-old-boy antics and new discoveries. With all the love I can stuff into this post, and in the hopes you'll not forget your doting old auntie Praisee,
WE LOVE YOU!!

1 comment:

  1. So sweet of you to remember,,,,

    We are settling in the new house now, and will soon send some pics to everyone ( Now, where is the cord to the camera... ? )

    ReplyDelete